Promising total hero customisation, both in terms of visuals and play style
Stefan Ljungquist, one of the developers of Just Cause, has just announced a new title he’s developing with a group of friends at a small Swedish studio. Deadbreed, described as “a hardcore MOBA with RPG features” is their take on an ever growing market of Multiplayer-Online Battle Arenas which includes League of Legends and DOTA 2.
On the surface, it’s the usual fare, a free-to-play 3vs3 game with a choice of heroes and an XP system.
Beyond that though, it gets a little different. Ljungquist describes how he was driven to development of the game: “I wanted to play a MOBA where I could totally customise how my hero looked and, more importantly played, but I couldn’t find one,” continuing “Talking to friends, I realized I wasn’t the only one wanting this, so we decided to make it. Also, this was our chance to make a darker themed MOBA for hardcore gamers like ourselves and bring in some additional RPG gameplay features,” he adds.
The full list of features they’re planning to deliver are:
- Tactical 3vs3 battles online versus players or AI combatants.
- Choose your hero from a wide range of night-, half- and daybreed. Each hero has its own unique set of special abilities and plays differently depending on the way you equip them!
- Heroes level up with matches — Earn experience to rank up the heroes you favor.
- Artifact Items level up and wear down with matches — Earn experience to unlock upgrades and crafting relic slots for your artifacts.
- Summon totem creatures to aid you in battle.
- A team chosen Sentinel becomes the endgame bossfight challenge. The outcome of each match change your status with the Sentinels and affect their power.
- Maps have customizable options like Dungeons, side- and PvP-Quests.